Use the booking button to arrange a Literacy or Numeracy tutorial
Effective on-line support for QTS Literacy & Numeracy
- A one-hour top-up tutorial before the test
- A three session package to target weak spots and build confidence.
- A detailed bespoke sequence of tutorials to skill up in all areas.
- Which of these would help you?
- Easy to set up with Skype or Face Time
- A bespoke programme devised and delivered professionally
- Flexible - tutorials at times to suit you
- Expert and experienced tutor
The materials here are designed as self-help practice materials for the test.
They contain assistance in all four aspects of the test.
In the case of the spelling lists, they are based on the words that appear in the practice tests. Some of these are awkward, but all are essential.
You will notice that many of these are words that teachers are likely to use in the course of their professional duties so we have to become familiar with their use.
"After failing the test twice booking Steve's help was the best thing I could have done."
"A very big thank you for all your support and efforts in helping me pass the test."
"Thank you so much for all your support, the tutorials were extremely helpful."
"I just want to say thank you for your help. Thanks to you, I am one step close to becoming a teacher. I passed the literacy test today. I am so grateful for your help."
Why the QTS Literacy Skills Test?
Language in a professional context
The professional language skills that are needed to be an effective teacher of children can be summarised as follows:
- A knowledge of how the English language is organised.
- The competence to guide children in their reading and writing, knowing what good writing looks like and how to guide a child towards improvement.
- The ability to digest large quantities of written material in a wide variety of forms, be able to understand it and act upon it appropriately where necessary.
- To be able to compose, individually or as part of a team, documents of a professional nature – policies, reports, information for parents and so forth.
These skills call for a high level of precision in the use of English in the context of the performance of the teachers in the discharge of their professional duties and it is this accuracy that the Skills Test is assessing.
Teachers are in the spotlight and need to be good role models – they therefore need to be people who can, with a high degree of assurance and fluency, use English.
Spread the word
Links to other pages
Literacy Practice Papers
Other pages on this site
PoS for English.
Recent Forum Posts